Files

TNC Discussion Board: Files, files, files: Files
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
How do you get folders from outlook express folders to d/disc  0   05/14 08:14pm
Add/Remove program  2   06/25 02:37am
RESTORING FILES TO E-MAIL  2   07/13 07:03pm
RESTORING FILES TO E-MAIL  1   07/11 11:47am
HOW DO I OPEN A .DAT FILE  2   08/10 06:30pm
Where Have All The Jpegs Gone-Long Time Passing  4   05/30 12:57pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandra Housey on Friday, March 23, 2001 - 01:45 pm:

I put the program-Corel Print and Photo on my computer. Now all my pictures are automatically stored in the Photo House. The problem I am having is, whenever someone sends me an e-mail with a cartoon or other that moves, after I download it and then go to my download folder, the file no longer moves. Is there any way to correct this. I've taken out the Corel program and then I cannot even open up my picture files.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, March 23, 2001 - 03:12 pm:

Sandra:

This is called an "animated gif". Basically, it means that it is an image that moves. I don't know of any graphic program that actually displays animated gifs, except for the ones that are used to make them. When you open it in something like Corel, it will just be stationary.

Here is how to view the animation:

Open your download folder. Click ONCE on the animated gif you would like to open. Then, press and hold the shift key as you right click one time on the same image. So, after you select the picture, right-click on it while holding the shift key.

Select Open With... from the menu choices. This will open a window with different program choices in a list. Scroll down the list until you find "internet explorer". Select internet explorer, then hit "open".

That should open the picture in your browser, and it should animate.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandra Housey on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 01:05 pm:

That did not work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 12:16 am:

Sandra,
It sounds like the Corel program took over you file associations. If you remember what program opened your pictures before Coral you should be able to go to that program and re-associate the file extensions, or you can download a great picture viewer here http://www.irfanview.com/ its Free. After you download and install it click on options then click properties, then the extention tab, there you can check off which ever type of picture file you want it to open.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Saturday, March 31, 2001 - 05:33 am:

Sandra: Here's whats up;

First of all, some programs that you install like to believe they are the boss. They like to think that because you installed them you just naturally want them to be the default program to handle all files associated with them. Such is the case with your Corel program.

The animated.gif files that you would like to see after you save them to your computer can only be viewed with programs that will run the animation, there are several available. One being GIF Construction Set Professional.

However you can view any of these files by opening your browser> click file> click open; in the next window click browse and locate the file you wish to view and select it and click open.

Thats it, your ready to rock!

waynesworlds.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Willie on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 03:33 pm:

Hi all, My first time here and help is needed (a really green newbie)I cant remember thigs in a long order, I have to write up my own way of doing a lot with my box. Some things are very confusing. enough
I cannot grasp files, folders, all my things I have saved to put into folders is in FAVorites,like about 200 'save'in favorites....I'm really stumped.
Any help would be nice, nicer....

Little Willie LW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sherrie on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 06:15 pm:

I am working on setting up a store/shopping cart on my site and I downloaded the software and it says to unzip the file and it will give me a directory that contains all of the necessary files. Then I am suppose to upload this entire directory to my /cgi-bin. All of these files MUST be transferred in ASCII mode, the only exceptions to this are the files contained in the directory /store/html/images which need to be transferred in BINARY mode. I have no idea how to transfer any of these modes I am currently using windows 98 any help would be greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dorothy on Saturday, April 12, 2003 - 03:14 am:

Is there any way to convert bitmap files to jpeg?
I have windows 98 and have created these paintings in the paint program. The have been saved in the bitmap files. I would like to send these through email, but it takes too long. I would appreciate your help in converting these files to jpeg.

Dorothy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, April 14, 2003 - 07:04 pm:

IrfanView is a free graphics program that will do this.
http://www.irfanview.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page