Cookies

TNC Discussion Board: Files, files, files: Cookies
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, July 22, 2001 - 07:42 pm:

In win 95 There is a folder named COOKIES in that folder is a file named index I tried to delete it and I can. Any help on this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jamie McArdle on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 09:49 am:

I haven't used 95 for a while, but I suspect the file is called index.dat. It's a file that keeps a record of where you've surfed to for reference purposes for Windows. Other than that, it doesn't do anything so it's perfectly safe to ignore it.

The only surefire way to delete it is to boot straight into DOS (using the DOS box in Windows won't work). DOS is a very basic computer interface and is very unforgiving - make a mistake (e.g. delete the wrong file) and you just have to live with it. It really is expert territory. My recommendation for Newbies is simply to ignore the file.

Cheers

Jamie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Antoinette on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 09:58 pm:

I am wanting to know how to free up diskspace on
windows xp hm edition. I have gone into my and and remove programs and everything on there is needed and i have a so many updates showing in
there, and how do i delete these updats with out rremoving info that I am not supposed to , also ccan i delete my cookies file w/out harming any tthing: helPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page