|By Glenn on Friday, January 04, 2002 - 10:37 pm:|
Hi all..After I get my files organized I would like to know which files have been added when I install something.Will this work?
1. Open system information
2. go to tools
3. click on system file checker
4. select "scan for altered files"
5. click "settings"
6. On the settings tab, leave "always back up before restoring" checked
7. on log file check "overite existing log"
8. leave "check for changed files" and "check for deleted files" checked.
9. Click "OK".
10. Click "start".
11. Print results (I imagine it will be lengthy)
12. Install new program.
13. Rerun File checker again as previously.
14. Print results.
Now, would this not (on step 13)show me only the files I just installed? Has anyone done this? Have I just came up with a great idea or does everyone know this anyway :-)? Just curious if it would work. If so it's all spelled out now. Thanks!!!
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|