This is for Kay re deleting files

TNC Discussion Board: Files, files, files: This is for Kay re deleting files
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Cleaning Out the Trash  1   07/25 09:14pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jamie McArdle on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 02:49 pm:

Kay

The quick way to find out is to rename the exe files in the folder you downloaded to. Then try to run the program. If it doesn't work, simply rename back to what they were.

If the exe file has installed itself to another folder other than the one you downloaded to, it's probably better to leave it alone.

You can delete the zip files without any problem, but delete them after you've tried the above. That way, if you run into any problems, you can re-install.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kay on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 09:33 am:

I would like to know if, after I have installed a new program, if I go to my download files, can I delete the set up files and the zip folders? Thanks Kay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Frank Lavallee on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 11:09 am:

Kay:

After you download a file and install it and confirm that it is running, you can safely delete the downloaded file.

In some cases, I like to save a downloaded file for awhile, just in case I have to reinstall the program at a later date. What I do is move the downloaded file into a folder I created called "Downloads And Updates". I then go into into periodically and delete any files that have been there for awhile.

If you are interested in keeping a lot of trash cleaned out of your computer, and not just the installed downloaded files, go to http://www.senior.com/newbies/CaptainSpeleo/ehouse.asp and read the article, "Throwing Out The Trash".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rusty on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 04:35 pm:

I would like to know how to delete the site in the drop down box when I right click on "Address on my Desktop. Thank you so much!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page