Acrobat reader 5.0

TNC Discussion Board: Files, files, files: Acrobat reader 5.0
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gabi Fire on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 03:51 am:

Help !!!!

I have spend hours trying to get help on this issue.
My Acrobat reader 5.0 does not work at all. I keep getting an error message that there is a fault of some sort in Acrord32.
I have downloaded severaltimes, tried using their support site, etc - but nothing helps !!!!
Thanks !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 08:05 am:

Ok, do you get this when trying to open a file, or when opening the program?

Did you ever have acrobat reader 3.0 on your machine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gabi fire on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 04:32 am:

When I try to open it, it does not open but gives me an error message...
Yes, I did use to have 3.0 before, which worked fine ! but now it does not.
Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 09:40 pm:

There is a known issue with installing later versions of acrobat after 3.0 has been installed.

However, before following the instructions in my following post, we need to make sure the issue is a 3.0 problem, or if it's a file association problem. To do that, do this:

1. Open a folder where you have saved an acrobat file (skip to step 3). If you don't know where an acrobat file is, follow step 2.

2. Click start/find/files or folders. Search for *.pdf in c drive.

3. Click one time on the file with the left mouse button.

4. Click and hold the shift key. Right-click on the file. Release shift key.

5. Click "open with" using the left mouse button.

6. If you don't find acrobat 5.0 in the list, click browse, and navigate to c:\program files\adobe\acrobat 5.0 and select the program file.

7. Click the "Always use this program to open these file types" check box, then click OK.

8. If you get an error message, follow instructions in the post follwoing this one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 09:40 pm:

Follow these steps which should remedy the problem:

1. Click start/settings/control panel. Double-click Add/remove programs.

2. Find Acrobat 5.0 in the list, then click the add/remove button. Say yes and ok where it asks you to, and remove all associated system files.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Go back into the control panel and double-click add/remove programs again.

5. Look and make sure acrobat 3.0 is not in the list. If it is, uninstall it using the add/remove button.

6. If it is not in the list, click start/find/files and folders. Search for acr* in c drive.

7. Delete any folder that is specifically named for acrobat.

8. Restart the computer.

9. Reinstall acrobat 5.0 on your machine.

10. Restart and try opening a file.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page