".bob" files and ".pc" files

TNC Discussion Board: Files, files, files: ".bob" files and ".pc" files
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bill on Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 03:29 am:

I have folders containing files with .bob extensions and .pc extensions. What are they and why do I have them. Others use my PC, so they might have downloaded these files with other junk. Or are they Junk?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 11:06 pm:

Bill,
The .bob file is a "Bobdown Downloading Program" file. The .pc file is "PC-specific text file" used by Sierra Print Artist Postcards. One man's junk is another man's treasure, but I believe you would be safe enough deleting them. Here is a page you can go to and identify most file extensions. http://filext.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, May 03, 2002 - 12:25 am:

Thanks for the link, Richard. I knew it was "file something.com" but couldn't remember what the something was. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Friday, May 03, 2002 - 09:27 am:

Josh,
All I did was type in "File Extension" into the Google search engine and up it popped, I took the first one, I think there are several others.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page