Uh..Oh..We've Got A Moron Here

TNC Discussion Board: Files, files, files: Uh..Oh..We've Got A Moron Here
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Avg(free virus scanner)  4   01/09 02:27pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 07:46 pm:

Hi,
Using Win98SE,IE5.5
My trial version of Zone Alarm PRO expired. Deleted it thru Add and Remove Programs not the applications uninstall. During that procedure, I was asked if I wanted to delete the true vector file. I said YES...Now I get a screen with the following message upon EACH reboot, but, I am able to run Windows at this point.

Cannot find the device file that may be needed to run Windows or Windows application. The Win registry file refers to this device file but the device file no longer exists. The file being
vsdata95.vxd. How do I rectify my problem. thanks
longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 11:49 pm:

Please help!! I've been searching for 8 hours(this site & others)trying to find where I read,sometime in the last month,that trying to go back to Zone Alarm(free version)when ZA Pro expires can be a problem. Today is my last day of trial period for ZA Pro & I really don't want to be without the protection. As you can tell since I waited until the last minute,I'm not just a "newbie" but a "dummy" as well.
Thank you.
p.s. I just previewed my msg.& saw the time is different than where I'm located.My clock now shows 4:54PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 06:58 pm:

Hi, I have gone back to the free version of Zone Alarm. When you delete the Pro Version, if by chance, a window pops-up and asks you if you want to delete the True Vector file "vsdata95.vxd file" just say "NO". I am thinking that there is where I went wrong in reverting back to the free version after using the Pro trial-version during the uninstall. Give yourself a fresh install of the free version and you should be trouble free.

longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 10:48 am:

Just want to thank "longlashes" for the responce to my question about Zone Alarm Pro a couple days ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 07:17 pm:

Dear Anomymous, You are welcome!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 01:20 pm:

Hi,I'm the "dummy" that posted about ZA Pro on 12/28. During the time that I had Pro installed I didn't receive the Insider Newsletter & would like to have those editions,is there any way to get them?
Also,would like to have ( or should say NEED to have )the PC Companion e-book but don't know anything about e-books.It says "compiled e-book is 2.35MB",does that mean I need that much "free" space on my C:disk?
Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 02:22 pm:

Yes, the ebook will take up 2.35mb on your hard drive. If you're short on space, you could store it on a CD, if you have CD-write on your PC, or take a look at your hard drive and clear off the rubbish (it is the New Year!)

An ebook is either .exe (Windows only) or PDF (all systems). NewbieClub ebooks are all .exe - just double-click to "run" or open the book, and use it like a web site by clicking lnks to pages, and using the navigation to go back and forwards.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page