Is there a virus in E-mail?

TNC Discussion Board: Backing up your stuff: Is there a virus in E-mail?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lorraine Brauckhoff on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 01:01 pm:

Hi,
I recieved a call from a person who sent me an E-mail, saying not to open it. She suspected a virus. How do you know you are sending a virus, and how do you know you are recieving a virus?
Thank you,
Lorraine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By T Mike on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 01:34 pm:

one thought,maybe she sent an e-mail to someone else who called her to state a virus had been included...maybe she just didn't want you to read the message and thought the virus scare would stop ya !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Christine on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 11:13 pm:

Hi Lorraine,
If you have a Virus buster like Norton on Mcfee or Grisoft it will tell you when you are receiving a virus infected email and isolate it. It also tells you which virus the email is infected with. You can also scan all outgoing emails with these programs so you can make sure you are not sending infected emails to someone else.
Christine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 01:28 am:

I have had AVG(grisoft)installed and it said no viruses found., and I had one which shut off my desktop and the pc was doing crazy things. Just got it going and 45 mins later, there was a green gorilla dancing - I heard of this from a friend and she had to have her pc fixed. Hope mine is ok., was on 2 hrs and no problems.-that I am aware of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 01:50 pm:

You have a bug. Now, don't give up on me, as we have to take this step by step.

Sownload Spybot Search and Destroy (a spyware "killer") from the link below. Install, run a scan and have it fix everything in red.

http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?lang=en&page=download

See how you computer behaves for awhile after. If you are still having problems (and you might), download Hijack This (a tool that helps us look for "redidue").

The link below is a quick start page for HJT. There are instruction on how to cut and paste a log. You can paste the log here (a bit of a pain, since you have to divide it several times), or email it to me and I'll take a look at it for you.

http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

Please let is know how you are doing, one way or another. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 09:23 pm:

I have used a couple of different Virus protection programs. And I really like Norton the best. Yes it costs a few bucks but knowing I am fully protected is great. It lets nothing in that shouldn't be on your computer. Might be a pain sometimes in browsing, but maybe you just shouldn't be going there :-)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page