On-line backup with XDrive

TNC Discussion Board: Backing up your stuff: On-line backup with XDrive
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Sunday, November 05, 2000 - 08:45 pm:

I'm just trying out this free service - you get 30Mb of web storage where you can load your files for back-up, or to share with colleagues, friends, etc, or so that you can access them from any PC.

It's working OK so far - I've downloaded the software so I can drag-and-drop in Explorer, but it's as easy to do it on-line (it looks like a very simple ftp program)- you don't need the download then.

Their address is http://www.xdrive.com/

I'll keep you posted ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Sunday, November 05, 2000 - 09:10 pm:

A few minutes after that post, I got an e-mail to say that I've been given 10Mg extra for using my account ten times - seems OK!

They also have a link to a free web-pased picture storage site at zing.com - you store your photos on line so your friends and family can see them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, December 04, 2000 - 10:23 am:

My hard drive failed not long after my last message - I've had no problems downloading my files from XDrive to my new disk - just wish I'd copied more files onto it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 03:30 pm:

How do we access Xdrive for back up? What is Cost?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, January 01, 2001 - 03:10 pm:

Sorry, I've only just seen this post as I've been off-line for a while (my modem failed the same weekend as my hard drive!).

XDrive is free - they have sponsors banners and buttons for you to visit if you want to.

I'm still using it with no problems. Their web address is http://www.xdrive.com/index_express.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mary on Sunday, July 15, 2001 - 06:01 pm:

Just checked out the link. It is free for 15 days now, then there is a monthly charge (4.95 for 25mb etc.) Looks like a good service tho.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, August 04, 2001 - 12:48 pm:

i have a major problem. I just got a new pc. I was using an ancient one (166mhz). Anyway, I was using an offline site builder (trellix). My site, including 7 sub-sites, is about 15 MGS. I used the backup files to download my site off of the old pc...For some reason, it took 40 floppy disks. I think I put more than my site on those disks. Anyway, I tried to upload the disks to my new pc...and it wouldn't read the disks. It kept giving me a message that the disks were not formatted ( although they were). I even went ahead and had them reformatted and tried again, same results. The thought of having to redo this whole site, it mind boggling... Any suggestions or advise would be so very appreciated. My old pc is not hooked up to go online now, but I can still get to the info on the hard drive.
Thank you...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, August 06, 2001 - 08:00 pm:

Anon:

Don't use backup files. Download a program like winzip (http://www.winzip.com), zip all of your files into one large zip file.

Then, in winzip, use file, save, and you can select to save the zip file to your floppy drive. When a disk is full, it will ask for another disk. So on, until it is finished. Then, on the new computer, load up winzip, insert your first disk, and use file open to begin opening your files.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By janfrank on Tuesday, October 23, 2001 - 08:14 am:

Another thought... have you tried to load your floppies by other programs... I had your problem once but found that the info came forth when I opened it with Win95, not bad for someone running WinMe. Wish you luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 01:56 am:

Go to http://www.xdrive.com/
it is all to be found on their website. Every thing from a trial to different levrls of memborship offering various amounts of storage for different fee's depending on your needs.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page