BACKING UP BOOKMARK/FAVORITE LIST?

TNC Discussion Board: Backing up your stuff: Backing up files.: BACKING UP BOOKMARK/FAVORITE LIST?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sunflower on Friday, November 10, 2000 - 09:17 am:

Is it possible to back up the bookmark/favorite list to a floppy? If so, how can I accomplish this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jamie McArdle on Friday, November 10, 2000 - 12:48 pm:

Sunflower

Use Start/Accessories/System Tools/Backup and follow the instructions. Make sure you have enough empty, formatted disks to hand.

Cheers

Jamie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 07:45 pm:

2 More way to backup your "Favorites" folder

First, click the "File" menu and select
"Import And Export." That will start up the
Import/Export Wizard. Then, just follow
the quick and easy instructions it gives
you to copy the file that holds all of your
bookmarks to a floppy or some other
backup media.

Almost as quick and easy is the manual
method. Find the "Windows" folder on
your hard drive (it's usually on the top
level of your "C:" drive) and locate the
"Favorites" folder inside it. Now, hold
down the Ctrl key, then click on the
"Favorites" folder, and drag it to a floppy,
or some other backup media. This will
create a backup copy wherever you
decide you need it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By susie on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 10:04 pm:

can someone please tell me if I can backup files and program. like icq, family tree maker to a floppy disc? then use restore to factory settings cd? then how do I get files and folders back after I restore?

thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 02:33 pm:

Susie: You cannot back up the programs to floppy disk. You can save the actual installation files, but not the program itself. It wouldn't run if you tried that.

Secondly, can't be done using floppies. You would need another medium such as tape or cd.

Josh Lowe

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page