Copying programme from HD to CD

TNC Discussion Board: Backing up your stuff: Copying programme from HD to CD
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Movies  1   12/14 04:33pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 03:30 pm:

I'm a real newbie so sorry if this is a daft question! I have a program on my HD and I have lost the original installation disk for it. Can I make a new copy to CD from the HD? If so, how? I am forever doing stupid things and would like to be able to re-install the program if I ever get into serious trouble.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 11:51 am:

You would probably need a copy of the setup file to re-install. Copying the current installation may not work, as most software installs stuff to your Windows system so it can work.

You may be able to get a replacement copy from the software vendors, or at least info on how to be prepared if you need to reinstall.

Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 05:06 am:

Does anyone out there know how to copy/save email folders to a CD?
If not, how do I save email folders to my HD so that I can copy them?
Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 09:50 am:

If you use Oulook or Outlook Express, this is a good tutorial:
http://www.sitedeveloper.ws/tutorials/outlook.htm

You should then be able to copy to backed-up data to CD with either Windows or with your CD writer program.

Let me know if you use another email program.

Dianne Reuby
http://ww.swindonvirtualoffice.co.uk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 05:30 am:

Dreuby,
Thank you, but the tutorial didn't help. I do have "Outlook Express" but I don't have any folders stored there. When I followed the tutorial.......I tried to open "Windows Explorer" from Accessories, and all I got was "My Documents" file. Nowhere to paste anything.
I use MSN email and the folders that I want to copy are located under "Folders On Your Computer."
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 12:36 pm:

Once you've opened explorer, you can use the left-hand pane to navigate around your PC to the place you want to paste to.

You should be able to copy those folders (or their contents) to Cd, either with your CD writing program, or with the Windows CD writer.

If you right-click the folder or file, and choose Send to > and your Cd drive, you'll get a little balloon by your clock telling you that there's stuff to write to Cd. When you've done this with all your files, click the balloon to get the dialog that lets you write them to CD.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page