Find Anything Fast

TNC Discussion Board: Backing up your stuff: Find Anything Fast
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rita Marie on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 12:05 am:

I copied the "Find Anything Fast" so I could learn from it but yet again windows has let me down......when I click start there is no "FIND""...so if it is there it doesn't show ....(go figure)....just like backing up files there is no backup.
What good is windows if none of this stuff is there??
Can someone help me???
Rita

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 01:12 pm:

Is this from the NewbieClub newsletter?

If it's a text file, it won't appear on the "start" menu, as that lists only programs. Windows will put it in various places, depending on how you saved it.

My documents - it may be in this folder, at the end of the listing. Or in a sub-folder within My documents.
The directory you were in when you created the file - perhaps the directory that contains the program that you used.

You may find it by using Find - (Win key+F) and searching for the file name, or part of it.

Windows reminds me of my children - sometimes you wish it just wouldn't try to be "helpful"!

Dianne Reuby
http://www.swindonvirtualoffice.co.uk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rita on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 03:26 pm:

yes I was from the newbie club newsletter....and thats where it said to find..find...at the start menu....well I did what you suggested and I was able to get to it by using the win+F keys...I'll make a note of that for the future....
Thanks for your help Dianne I really appreciate it.
Rita
grannyg48@msn.com
grannyg48@bellsouth.net

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page