General Discussion Ilegal Operation

TNC Discussion Board: Backing up your stuff: General Discussion Ilegal Operation
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, November 28, 2000 - 06:54 pm:

A box keeps coming up that says

"Your computer has performed an illegal operation" How do I correct or get rid of this, if you hit close it goes back to desk top and it starts all over again.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandy K. on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 10:33 pm:

Hi there Anonymous,..
Sorry just saw your post today.have been going back and forth reading all post.Anyway...I had the same problem you are having..not sure if you got it fixed..Are you on AOL..well, If that box comes back DON"T turn her off..push the detail button....there will be a pop-up window with a saying like:WAOL CAUSED A GENERAL PROTECTION FAULT
IN MODULE ___________AT____________.The empty blanks is what the people at AOL TECH will need.
How do you contact them..easy...
1)Hit your Favorite folder(the one with the heart)pop-up list will appear
2)hit the Member Services:AOL help
box will pop up..hit right hand(Blue wording)that says..Customer Service..a box will appear
3)=hit the "Get live on line help"in that same area,on the right hand side blue lettering...hit TECHNICAL HELP...........
4)Stay on Line and tell the staff member that helps you what is going on..with the information you got from that ILLEGAL OPPERATION box....they have helped me out and saved my butt more than once...and any other information you might need..they'll help you out..
Happy hunting and hope this can help you out.
Aloha form Hawaii..Sandy K...B :)
p.s.
another great thing is after you're done talking with them...ask them for a print out copy to be sent to you for your records..they will..I save all my copy print outs for further use and help to friends and family members.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page