Saving Favorites List

TNC Discussion Board: Backing up your stuff: Backing up files.: Saving Favorites List
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Michele Grassi on Thursday, January 04, 2001 - 06:33 am:

I do not keep records on my computer so much (although I do have some files) but in my business I need a listing of all the people that I do business with across the country. These are all in my Favorites list. If my computer should crash and burn these would all be lost! How do I go about putting the Favorites on a disk so that I have them wherever I go, and do not run the risk of losing all that I have built up over the last year and a half?

Thanks for your help,

Michele Grassi
Intermark Broker Service

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Thursday, January 04, 2001 - 08:13 am:

RE: backing up favorites;
If you are referring to Favorite places as in favorite web sites, here's how to do it.

Open Windows Explorer, Click on the "Windows" folder, in the right hand screen locate the "Favorites" folder. Now, right click on the favorites folder and in the popup menu select and click "properties". This will tell you how large the file is. If you are going to copy this file to a floppy disk, the folder must be less than 1.44 megs. If the file is larger than 1.44 megs you can copy the folders inside favorite places individually.

With that out of the way, insert a floppy into your floppy drive, then RIGHT click on the "Favorites" folder and in the popup menu select and click "COPY".
Find and RIGHT click on your floppy drive icon in the left screen, in the popup menu select and click "Paste". You will see your files fying from Favorites to Favorites. When this is done, so are you.

PS: Make sure you have a blank formatted disk before you begin.

HTH

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By C. J. on Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 02:35 am:

When I tried to read a floppy that was sent to me, (it has the photos on it ) a grey box with a red circle containing an
X said :
A:/ is not accessible. The device is not ready. hitting retry does not
work.
Can you tell me how to get the device ready?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page