How Do I Back Up My Website?

TNC Discussion Board: Backing up your stuff: How Do I Back Up My Website?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By june roldan on Saturday, March 17, 2001 - 06:31 pm:

How Do I Back Up My Website from my hard drive, onto either a CD-R or CD-RW? Also, how do I find out how many bytes my website is, so I'll know how many CD's I'll need for the job?

No techno talk please, or I'll go comatose. Step by step would be great!

Many Thanks,
June Roldan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 03:10 pm:

June,

Unless you have an ENORMOUS website, it should all fit onto one cd-r or cd-rw. Start your cd recording software, select data cd, and browse your hard drive until you get to your directory where your website is stored. Then, simply drag and drop the files down into the cd-r box. This sounds very general, but if you follow along with your software running, you will quickly see what I am refering to.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page