I want to backup my Compaq laptop.

TNC Discussion Board: Backing up your stuff: Backing up files.: I want to backup my Compaq laptop.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By debbie on Sunday, April 29, 2001 - 02:56 am:

I have a new Compaq Presario 1200 Laptop. I have had it less than two months and nothing but problems. I constantly get disconnected from AOL, I am unable to access sites (I get an HTTP 403 error message). I get several different AOL error messages. Sometimes it just goes out on me totally with an error message from Windows. I am going crazy. I am offline more than online. I have talked to 5 different AOL techs, each giving different advice. Anyone have this problem? I never had it with my desktop. At this point I just want to backup all my stuff and take it back to the store! How do I do this? I have E-books, lots of favorites, files, programs that I bought to resell, etc. Will I lose everything? This is a nightmare. Help anyone? Debbie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kyle on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 12:28 am:

heres a way to reinstall AOL and reinstall 98:
start>run type in command
type those commands at the command prompt, pressing enter after each line:
cd \
cd progra~1
dir
cd AOL95 (or some other AOL directory)
del *.*
cd ..
deltree /y AOL95 (or some other AOL directory)
cd ..
cd %windir%
cd options
cd install
setup
(or if u cant find c:\windows\options\install type those commands at the command prompt, pressing enter after each line but u must remember to insert the 98/95/ME/XP cd before proceeding:
d:
dir
**IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVE THE XP CD (i386 directory) REBOOT THE COMPUTER**
if it is win95 cd type in: cd win95
if it is win98 cd type in: cd win98
if it is winME cd type in: cd win9x
setup

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page