CDR Verses CDRW

TNC Discussion Board: Backing up your stuff: CDR Verses CDRW
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jess dee on Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 12:57 pm:

(1) in the event of a crash how would i know into which location to (copy)the data back from a CDR to its original location--

(2) Must I replace the files exactly to the original location- -for them to function

(3) Once i have copied the files to a CDR-- can I drag(copy) them back to my computer.

Do I copy the data back (from my CDR) to my computer by right clicking on the saved file thats in the CDR and select copy and paste it back to the computer-?

4) Is it necessary to format a CDR-?-I know I must format a CDRW

I know you can do any of the above with a CDRW--but just wondered what happens when you store files on a CDR---the difference?--I always thought once the CDR is full and burned--you cant take stuff off of it----but i really dont know--never had the experience of copying from a CDR---

But my logic probably wrong-- because why go through the trouble of copying to a CDR--if you cant use it to copy data from it--i dunno--just asking

appreciatively

jess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By SteveC on Friday, June 07, 2002 - 06:50 pm:

You can drag and drop back to your hard drive, but once you have finished writing to the CDR and it is closed out, you can no longer add files to the CDR.
One caveat to the dragging back to your hard drive is that the file will be read only, if you want to edit it or change it in any way, you have to change the archive bit. I know in 98 and above you can right click on the file, select properties and uncheck the read only box.
Hope this helps.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page