Spam without "from" and "subject" headings

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: OutLook Express questions: Spam without "from" and "subject" headings
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 07:40 pm:

Hey, you included it in your first post... if you hover the mouse over the link, it will show up. I do like it.

Anyway, yes, if you are interested in removing all the junk, it's a free program that is fairly easy to install. If you were able to go into your mail account settings and remove the NetZero as the default, then you possess enough technical skill to set it up. :)

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By captain scotty on Monday, October 07, 2002 - 10:32 pm:

I assume you are being funny about my email.I don't remember , but I suppose I neglected to include it.Probably wanted to remain anonymous at the time,but it seems you had the same thought.
Thanks for the tip.I had mailwasher in my bag of tricks, but my resources are low and I have dial isp presently, so I don't know if that would be a good idea.
Anyway, I found out it was netzero that was using netscape , another os (other than windows) or some strange mail client to distribute the mail.As I am with earthlink presently, and filter all mail through outlook express, I just changed my preferences to have the mail sent to earthlink, so it doesn't happen anymore.
Maybe I'll fool around with mailwasher anyway since there's spam everywhere you turn !

thanks... beam me up!
scotty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 03:16 am:

By the way, I love your email address.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 03:16 am:

Because I'm lazy, I will just paste what I posted a few days ago:

The filtering method of Outlook Express is crap.

I suggest you get software that works well at blocking. If you are willing to spend 39.99, you can get McAffee's spamkiller. It's VERY effective, comes with tons of built in filters that automatically update, and works seemlessly with OE. (and, new version supports MSN and hotmail)
http://www.mcaffee.com/myapps/msk/

If you want to go the free route, there is another excellent spam blocker available for free. This one is a little bit different, and not as "1-2-3-done" as spamkiller is, but it is still an effective means of eliminating all of your spam.
http://www.mailwasher.net

A note: Spamkiller will run in your taskbar and notify you of different mailings. You have to leave mailwasher running as a regular program, minimized for it to be working.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By captain scotty on Sunday, September 22, 2002 - 11:09 am:

In outlook express I can create rules by going to tools > message rules.There I have limited choices based on the catagory I pick.If I want to have messages deleted that have no from or subject headings I can't get an ok button until I put something in because it is only for those headings with specific wording.Therefor it requires me to enter some specific words.

What can I do about spam that bypasses my block sender ability by eliminating these headings?

thanks,

scott

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page