Need Help With Defrag

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Defrag: Need Help With Defrag
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 04:35 am:

Carol,
Just so you don't think I am out of my mind, click the Start Button/Help/ type in saf in the index/display/ and it will give you instructions for starting in safe mode.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 04:27 am:

Carol,
When you turn on your computer, as soon as it starts booting up, press the F8 key repeatedly until it boots into Safe Mode, run defrag in safe mode, when completed, re-boot and it will return to normal boot. When you are in safe mode no other programs are running in the background that can disturb the defragg. If you have never run in safe mode before, it will look very strange to you, as the icons will be bigger and the colors of your desktop kind of weird, thats alright, thats the way it is supposed to look. It will say Safe Mode in each corner of your screen.

If that doesn't cure the problem, then type in www.google.com in the address bar and run a search for defragg programs, there are several available that are free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By carol6895 on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 02:54 pm:

Hi,
I run scandisk a standard one and a thorough one,and completed both. I've tried to run defrag about 3 times,it will start and get about half done and stops and says something like I have errors and need to run scandisk. I keep running scandisk and completing it,but still get the same message when I try to defrag. Please help. How can I defrag my computer? I have win98 and using it instead of another program to defrag. If win98 won't defrag my computer is there a free program that will?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page