Deleted files  2   10/28 03:02pm
I can't get out of safe mode  2   10/23 12:52pm
Traffic Information Pages  2   08/22 11:08am
Windows drop down fill-it-in- too many selections  2   08/17 07:49am
The Newbie Clinic  2   07/29 05:54pm
Writing an ebook, & would love your input!  2   04/05 07:23pm
Keyboard Easy Access Keys???????  1   04/03 02:46am
Lost infro. on second screen name  1   03/05 07:16pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Susie on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 11:33 pm:

Just got my 1st "Insider" a couple days ago, am really looking forward to future issues but am wondering if there's a more current archive than the several years old one that I found when I clicked on that link from the newsletter?

Thank you,
Suz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 02:52 pm:

Ian, to create with Adobe you'll need the full version of Adobe Acrobat, which is $450.

If you don't have that, I use CutePDF Writer (freeware) http://www.cutepdf.com/ This creates a dummy printer on your system, then when you want to turn a document into a PDF, you "print" to CutePDF printer, which then creates it as a PDF file.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ian Murray on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 03:58 am:

How do i create a pdf file?
I have Adobe 5 on Windows 98 .
Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By John Morris on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 12:27 am:

MY COMPUTER IS ALL MESSED UP! HERE IS WHAT IT DOES WHEN I FIRST TURN IT ON: HARD DISK(S) CYL HEAD SIZE SECTOR LBA 32 BIT BLOCK MODE MODE MODE PIO-MODE-4 UDMA-MODE-2 PCI DEVICES: PCI ONBOARD IDE,IRQ14,15 PCI ONBOARD USB CONTROLLER,IRQ3 PCI ONBOARD I/O PORT DEVICE,IRQ10 PCI ONBOARD MULTIMEDIA DEVICE, IRQ11; SDRAM AT DIMM#: 1 TREND CHIPAWAYVIRUS ONGUARD TCVA VERSION 1.58 TREND MICRO INC., 1998 SEARCHING FOR BOOT RECORD FROM FLOPPY NOT FOUND SEARCHING FOR BOOT RECORD FROM CDROM NOT FOUND SEACHING FOR BOOT RECORD FROM SCSI NOT FOUND BOOT FAILURE INSERT BOOT DISKETTE IN A: PRESS ANY KEY WHEN READY_ _ _ AFTER ALL THIS WHEN I INSERT THE BOOT DISK AND HIT ENTER THEN THIS COMES UP : C:\> WHAT DO I DO NEXT???? PLEASE HELP< John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 - 01:10 am:

I would like to submit an article to an online magazine whose editor wants submissions in "electronic format." If that means "by e-mail," but not by an attachment(I know how to do attachments), how do I copy and paste from a Word document to an e-mail message without my document's format changing? I've sent a test message to myseelf, and my article comes out as something I would never send to an editor. What can I do to solve this problem?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 10:20 am:

When you say your couldn't get it to work, what was the problem? Did it unzip OK? Was there an error message?

Also, do you know what version of Windows you're using?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Frustrated Newbie on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 07:42 am:

Hi,
I bought the first website builder about a year ago---couldn't get it to work (classic case of the insecure newbie).
--I asked somewhere on the Newbie site for help, didn't get any response. Due to lack of time and frustration, I let it lie fallow for about a year---then came the upgrade message a week or so ago and re-inspired me--thought I'd try it, ordered it, got it, and couldn't get it to work---I wrote to "support". They refunded my $12. I would have preferred help to open the stuff!! (Granted, my email exhibited frustration and may not have been well received). But I was attracted to this site because it sounded like there was sympathy for the frustration of Newbies. Quote "Are you... Confused, frustrated, despondent, even hacked off...?" .
I totally appreciate your site and all the great tips and advice you share. But I'm still frustrated
Please advise.
Frustrated newbie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Stardance on Friday, February 28, 2003 - 06:55 am:

Hi,
Yahoo, has the same kind of Vacation Response. I use it anytime I'm going to be gone for more than a day.

Stardance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Frank Lavallee on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 11:32 am:

Here is another help site for "newbies". It was originally designed for Windows 95 users, but is now also designed for Windows 98 and 98SE users.

http://www.senior.com/newbies/CaptainSpeleo/ehouse.asp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Saturday, March 17, 2001 - 07:26 am:

Hey Tom,,,

The sites new look is great. Good job, whoever did it.

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Aubrey Curless on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 11:17 pm:

Many of you are doing some kind of affiliate
programs or home based business. Me too. I am
told you can track the effectiveness of your
ads by using a code after your URL and then
taking a peek at your server logs to see which
ads are producing. Does anyone know how to access
these server logs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By John Peralta on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 01:39 am:

This is a response to shalamar2 .... not entirely certain what you mean by putting your email on "hold" while you are on vacation, but Angelfire.com offers FREE email accounts that have a type of "vacation" feature. Basically, it sends an automated response to everyone that emails you while you are away on vacation. You can make your response say something like ..."away on vacation, contact you when I get back next June...or whatever".

hope this helps answer your question.

~John
Webmaster Newbies & Wannabies Club

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By shalymar2 on Wednesday, November 08, 2000 - 06:24 pm:

Is there a way I can put my e-mail on hold while I'm on vacation?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page