How can I let Scandisk run faster and without having to "Re-start" all the time?

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Defrag: How can I let Scandisk run faster and without having to "Re-start" all the time?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Melvin Grubbs on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 11:03 pm:

When you run scandisk, check to see if the box is checked for surface scan. If so, it will take hours to complete. This box is normally only used if you have consistant disk drive problems that may indicate bad sectors on the drive. Next, after you run scandisk with the box for checking files and folders, and of course FAT, you should run the Defrag program probably once weekly if you use your computer a lot. Your computer will be faster.

Old Computer engineer, Mel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 10:32 am:

Hello

I would like to know:
1. How can I let scandisk run faster. It takes all day to finish, and then it does not even complete the job;
2. How can I let it run completely by itself without having to sit in front of the PC and
click "start" all the time.

This is driving me nuts! Please advise.

Thank you.

Gerry

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page