ISP Connection

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Start Up Items: ISP Connection
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rayj on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 01:55 pm:

I have a cable internet which is connected all the time. I also have an ISP which I use as a back up and is ONLY connected to on 'as when required' basis. However the telephone line is plugged into the computer all the time.
We use OUTLOOK Express and MS Outlook for our E-mail and have XP Home.
The problem is that if the computer is left unattended for a period of time the ISP somehow tries to get connected without me physically connecting it and in that effort to try and get connected when the cable connection is ON it totally makes our phone line 'dead'. After calling the Bell and having a hassle with them I found out that as soon as I unplug the telephone line from my computer the telephone line is OK. I can then plug the phone line back into the computer till it happens again.
There must be some way of disconnecting this ISP trying to connect on its own and may be part of the OUTLOOK etc. Any Help will be welcome. Ray

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page