How to Reinstall Acrobat Manager  1   04/20 03:15pm
Formatting Hard Drives  2   03/30 10:58am
Speakers  1   12/15 01:34am
Newbie clinic  3   09/30 04:19am
Removing Windows ME  2   09/30 03:51am
Uninstalling the wrong way  3   10/13 07:50am
The Gratitude File!  1   04/07 03:16am
Monitor goes blank  2   11/22 06:29pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, April 17, 2001 - 03:32 pm:

Anon:

This happens while you are online, or while you are dialing and first connecting online? (This is a very important point.)

Are you running any application like PCAnywhere?

Let me know that stuff, and I will try and help.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, April 13, 2001 - 11:19 am:

Every time I am online now I here a loud static and screetching sound and mostly it happens for a few seconds. Sometimes it freezes up my screen? Is my phone line messed up or is this a modem problem. Anybody ever had this?
Bugged by it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Frank Lavallee on Tuesday, November 21, 2000 - 06:43 am:

There are 2 primary ways for uninstalling a program, but when those options don't exist, there are a couple of other ways to do it.

1. Click "Start", "Settings", "Control Panel", then double-click "Add/Remove Programs". Scroll down the list and find the program you want to uninstall, click on and highlight it, then click "Remove".

2. Click "Start", "Programs", look for the program you want to uninstall, then click on its "Uninstall" or "Remove" option.

3. Click "Start", "Programs", "Windows Explorer", "Program Files". Find the folder for the program you want to uninstall, then double-click it. Look for a "setup.exe" file, then double-click it. If an uninstall option appears, double-click it to activate it.

4. Repeat step #3, but if no uninstall option is present, close the window and return to the folder. Right-click the folder, then click "Delete".

Note: A program folder may not always be in "Program Files", so look for it elsewhere in the Windows Explorer list. If during an uninstall(using any of the above methods) you receive a warning about deleting "Shared Files", select "No" or "No To All" so you do not delete them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Sunday, November 19, 2000 - 01:23 am:

RE: Uninstall;

WHen you uninstall a program you can't just delete a folder because when the program installed it wrote supporting files to your shared program files and other places that we don't want to go into here.

You may have to reinstall the program to get it uninstalled properly.

Without knowing exactly what you've done we will have to start at the beginning. When you get it reinstalled, go into your control panel and click "Add Remove programs", find Freetel and highlight it, then click the "Add/Remove" button.

If Freetel is not in this location, clcik Start> Programs and see if there is a folder named "Freetel". If yes then, click it and see if there is a file named "Uninstall" if yes click it and follow instructions.
If no then look for a file named "read me" in same folder. If yes, click it and find "uninstall information" and follow instructions...

Try this and see if you can get your puter back running the way you want...

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jamie McArdle on Friday, November 10, 2000 - 06:26 am:

CJ

Are you sure Freetel isn't in the add/remove option, even under a different name (e.g. the company name)?

If you can't find it there, post back with the error message you're getting and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

Jamie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 10:58 pm:

RE: Uninstall Freetel

First; look in the Freetel folder and see if there is an "Uninstall" file with the program.

If yes just click it and follow instructions.
If no; look for "read me" file, look through it and find "uninstall" information and follow instructions.

If this does not help repost and we will work it out
Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By CJ on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 06:49 pm:

I hope someone can.I am NOT a newbie, but I have been unsuccessful in removing this thing from my computer. Thanks Richard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard Fullerton on Tuesday, November 07, 2000 - 08:20 pm:

CJ,
Sorry, I don't have that expertise, I am also a "Newbie". I am sure someone else on here will have the answer for you.
Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By CJ on Monday, November 06, 2000 - 08:37 pm:

Thanks Richard,I will try that.What about the error message I get when I try to close down when freetel has been put in the dumper? I would like to get that situation taken care of before I totally delete freetel and then find out there was a part of it that was needed.
Any help about the error message I get?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard Fullerton on Monday, November 06, 2000 - 07:57 pm:

CJ,
Here is something you might try. Go to Start/Find/ Files and folders. Type in Freetel and see if it is found, if it is then right click on it and delete it. If that doesn't find it, try typing in Free* and search for it that way. Hope this helps.
Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By CJ on Monday, November 06, 2000 - 04:25 pm:

Thanks!Yes,I have been there.FreeTel is not now nor has ever been listed there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, November 06, 2000 - 07:01 am:

Hi
Have you used Windoes Add/remove programs? Click My Computer, and then Control Panel. Choose Add/Remove Programs - Freetel should be on the list,and you can select it by clicking. When you click OK Windows should remove it, but leave any system or shared programs behind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By CJ on Sunday, November 05, 2000 - 07:22 pm:

I have a 'phone' program on my computer that I have tried many times to uninstall. It is FreeTel 1.00.

I can dump it in my recycle bin just fine, but then when I go to shut down my computer I get an error message that it's not something I want to do as ' something' is missing(sorry can't remember the exact message).So I put freetel back where it was and my computer will shut down fine.

Can anyone tell me what is up with this and will I ever be able to get rid of it? I have written to FreeTel and they don't seem to realize that anyone would WANT TO get rid of it!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page