IE and Error Message shuts down

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Start Up Items: IE and Error Message shuts down
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By George on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 07:51 pm:

Your IE icon on the desktop might be wrong. If you can go to start/programs/then choose internet explorer and it opens then you'll know for certain it's your IE desktop icon that's bad. Delete it then go to start/programs/then choose internet explorern right click choose send to desktop. I hope this solves your problem

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, February 04, 2003 - 02:36 pm:

Hi, my sympathies ... I'm getting similar messages!

Have you run a de-frag of your hard drive recently? That cut down on the errors slightly on my PC. They've gradually gone away, as long as I don't use my browser add-on, but just IE6 on it's own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dolly Wilson on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 04:21 pm:

This is so frustrating. Can anyone help with a suggestion? I am running IE6 update version SP1 and have nothing but trouble. I can't open it from the desktop icon because it immediately comes up with the window of "illegal operation...will shut down..." But what is interesting is, if I just click on one of my icons on the desktop for a different website...ex...Court TV...it comes up and works fine. Everytime I try to open the IE on it's own from the taskbar or on the desktop, it will not open.

I've had nothing but trouble since updating this and only did it because of already existing problems. I'm running Windows 98 Second Edition.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

D. Wilson

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page