Email

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Email
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Getting from mail to IE  2   03/19 11:20pm
Advertising using AutoResponders  2   03/19 11:17pm
Emails  2   05/10 01:13pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 07:06 pm:

For saving Outlook messages onto CD, just rename each message using "Save As", so they could be called "Sept 1/03 newsletter", "Oct 15/03 newsletter", etc. or whatever name you like. Then the messages will all have different file names so they won't be overwritten.

A "bounce" is a message received by email when an address you've sent a message to is invalid, or the recipient's inbox is full. That way you know your message was not received.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 10:35 am:

There is apparently a fax facility that can be set up with MS Outlook XP, to send and receive faxes without using a fax machine. The message goes through the email as a fax, is sent to the fax number and is received by the email account and can be printed out. Does anyone know how to set this up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, April 05, 2003 - 04:12 pm:

Hello,

Is there a way to select all Newbie messages from an Outlook Express6 Folder so as I can put them onto a rewritable Cd. I have tried drag and drop method but as the subject line is 'name' Your weekly newsletter, my system tells me that there is already a file of that name and do I want to do a write over. I do not. I have collected them all to save as is. Any ideas welcomed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chaz on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 12:24 am:

Can you tell me more about that Mailwasher program please? And what is a "bounce" message?

thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 07:21 pm:

Hi,

When I'm going to be away for a couple of days or more, I suspend as many newsletters as I can - those that are delivered through Topica and Yahoo can be suspended easily by choosing the "read online" option. I've found that this reduces my email enough that I don't go over my ISP's limits. Check on their website to see how much they allow before they start bouncing mail.

I use Mailwasher free program to check my email before I download it - it will send out "bounce" messages to any sp*am senders that you tell it to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 05:26 am:

HELP, if I do not use p/c for a day or so, I get so many emails and usually delete them. Sometimes there are 66 in junk mail. Many are repeated 2 or 3 times. Then I get the critical message that I am losing mail. I plan to be away for 3 days., and am worried that when I return, something will be shut down because of too much junk mail.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page