Creeping mouse

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Wild Mouse: Creeping mouse
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 10:59 am:

You can check your mouse settings (ControlPanel, Mouse) and see if they're OK. These settings are mainly to allow different users to make settings that suit them - some people like fast movements and clicks, some prefer slower, or react slower.

If you have the driver on disk you could re-install it and see if that helps. You could look for latest drivers on-line (search for the name of the mouse in Google or a similar search engine). But mice often give up - we've found some that only lasted months, others that haver gone on for years!

Dianne R

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dolly Wilson on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 04:00 am:

I also have a wild unruly mouse, and it was just creeping until I took it apart and cleaned it (according to the IBM website) and put it back together....NOW IT'S WORSE! I am so mad! I can't control it 90% of the time....this isn't surfing, it's cursing! HELP! It's only 5 months old, too!

Dolly Wilson
dwilson@becon.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 09:08 am:

Does it have a ball (look underneath). If so, it may need cleaning.

If that doesn't work, it may be that you need a new driver, or to re-install the current driver (they sometimes become corrupted).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ksrdrunner on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 12:58 am:

How can I prevent my pointer from creeping all over the desk top. It must smell cheese or some thing. It's want to move all by itself.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page