Affiliate programs & the IRS & subcontraters lisences

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Affiliate programs & the IRS & subcontraters lisences
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dave_Cat on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 12:36 pm:

As a small business owner myself, the best advice that you can get is to definitely get a business license. You can get all of the information that you need on the tax questions by going to and on the site you can also access the state directory to take you to the local tax laws for your area. As for being a subcontractor, the law does not regard affiliate programs this way. They are listed legally as a small business.
There are several different ways to be listed as a business. If you are only looking into doing the affiliate part, you can list yourself as a DBA. If you want to get into other areas however, I have found that LLC, is one of the best. Both for personal and business reasons, and also much easier tax wise.
Need more help let me know, that is what I do, peoples taxes and help set up and maintain their business.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 06:02 am:

With affiliate programs , I've read that affiliates are basicly subcontracters . Are there any tax forms I need before I get going with an affiliate program and if I'm in business for myself are there any lisences I need to get . I live in the U.S.A and I'm concernd about any federal laws concerning haveing a business on the web . Are there any agentices I need to contact and if so who. can someone help?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page