Office 97 pro.

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Microsoft Word: Office 97 pro.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
ISP  1   07/03 08:55am
Can anyone tell me how to do lookup in xcel  1   10/22 09:03am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 09:43 am:

I can't find anything about this on the MS support site http://support.microsoft.com

It may be a conflict with the Word that was pre-installed - I've never got my head round the variations of Word, Office, Works, that MS release! You could try un-installing Word, to see if that fixes it, or you could contact MS through the support site - you may have discovered an undocumented bug. (I don't think they give prizes, though!)

I'm in the UK, so if you're in US/Canada, I'll be a few hours ahead of you.

Dianne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dave_Cat on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 12:25 pm:

Just have to add something here!!!!
My husband DEFINETELY, DESPERATELY, needs spellcheck.
Thanks again
Cat!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dave_Cat on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 12:21 pm:

It just says spell check has been halted. Do you want to send anyway.

Good Morning Where are you??? It is only 7:15 here.
Thank you for responding.
Dave_Cat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 10:32 am:

Hi Dave, and welcome!

Do you get an error msg, or is the spell check greyed out (or doesn't even appear on the menu)?

Dianne Reuby

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dave_Cat on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 12:36 pm:

Good morning e-1
This is Dave and at my first post. I am not really new at this computer game, but I am still learning " Stuff " Anyway!!!
I've installed Office 97 Pro. and now spell check no workie. Have been through all the links in the tool bar.
OH by they by
WinXP Home edition, 256 ram 30 gig hd.87% free.
Do disk cleanup and defrag 4 to 5 times a week.
Ok back to delima
After formatting twice once with DOS, then with the WinXP Install disk then I used the recevery disk to check and see if all the dirvers were installed. "Note"
The OS comes with MS Word, but that shouldn't conflict with Office ( RIGHT )>>?????
We have even put the cd back in and looked to see if we forgot to install it right " Office 97"
We had it do a complete install, so nothing should of been left out, and every thing else works fine,grrrrrr.
My addy is Kelleys.Two@Worldnet.att.net
If you can help, please drop me a note.
Thank you all for getting this far.
Dave

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page