AVG Resident Shield

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: AVG Resident Shield
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By susan fox on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 02:50 am:

The window.AVG resident shield virus detected keeps popping up about every 10 seconds. Ive deleted, moved to vault, deleted fie and nothing works to get rid of this pesty menace. Can anyone help me? Thank you, Susan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 05:21 pm:

Recent updates for spybot

Hijacker
+ RapidBlaster ++ SurferBar ++ IstBar.Qidion ++ Search-Exe ++ ClearSearch.Net ++ ShopAtHome ++ SearchAndClick
Spyware
+ Gator ++ BrowserAid.Startium ++ InfoSpace.DogPile ++ IPInsight + Cydoor + LetsSearch
Malware
++ MagicControl.WinMgts + DyFuCA
Dialer
+ Webdialer (4) ++ Global Dialer + MainPean + WebDialer (4) + Unknown
Trojans
++ Kernell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 05:04 pm:

the rest of abve post

You will not beleave the places you can get this bad stuff even games you prchase such a swift Jewel 1000 solitarie games, real player etc and so on all have spy ware the new smilies if brower cahnger, when you download a lot of share ware, screen savers and all. I have the feeling you will be quite suprised when you run this program how much spy ware you have in you computer. After removal you computer should pick up great speed. AVG and others a programed to find items dailing out that is one major way spy ware works it sends home messages about where you surf, to waht you, buy and even you Visa card number etc. Then they send you advertisments, and browser pages that reflect the area you are interested in please get the bad off you computer they invade your privacy.

Hope this helps you a lot.

Brenda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 05:03 pm:

Hi,

Many of these thing will reinstall them selves. You need a good removal tool a really good free one is at the following url
{http://beam.to/spybotsd,http://beam.to/spybotsd}

Spybot - Search & Destroy can detect and remove spyware of different kinds from your computer. Spyware is a relatively new kind of threat that common anti-virus applications do not yet cover. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you didn't intentionally install, if your browser crashes, or if you browser start page has changed without your knowing, you most probably have spyware. But even if you don't see anything, you may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging that is silently tracking your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile of you that will be sold to advertisement companies. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm in trying to see if something snooped into your computer
contuined

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 04:36 pm:

http://www.webattack.com/get/adaware.shtml

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Norman Ushijima on Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 06:39 pm:

Hi!

I'm hoping someone can help me get rid of an irritant. I'm using XP Home and AVG (free) for anti-virus protection.

Recently, my PC started rebooting constantly. I ran Scandisk and cleaned the fans in the PC. No help. Not knowing what else to do, I did a restore--this worked.

On rebooting after the restore, a notification from Resident Shield warned of a Trojan Horse. Running AVG took care of it. But, now I'm getting a pop-up from Resident Shield warning of a Trojan Horse Dialer found in file c:\system volume information\_restore. Ran AVG and Housecall several times resulting in nothing being detected. In fact, that file is empty. Have even uninstalled and re-installed AVG, but the message keeps coming up.

Can anyone suggest a way to stop this pop-up?
(the free version of AVG doesn't have tech support)

Thank you.

Norman

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page