Copy and paste????

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Good help site for newbies: Copy and paste????
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Copy and Paste Links  2   11/30 01:45am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Floydyisms on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 01:28 am:

**continue***
now..type something in wordpad, then hilite it. As soon as you hilite, cut and copy will "come on". Now, look on your browser right now as you read this and click "edit" cut, copy and possibly paste will be greyed out...now hilite any part of this post then click edit again, all 3 should be "come on"!!! just remeber that "edit" is exactly that, you need to "tell" your PC (by hiliting) what to edit before you can cut or past anything.
I hope this helps and I hope I didnt make it confusing..:)

Glenn :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Floydyisms on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 01:27 am:

Hi Grandknee :)
i see your post is fairly old, but I thought I would tell you that I have never heard of the copy, past or edit buttons being "off" usually paste will be greyed out until you copy or cut something and then will "come on" try this...lets use a simple program such as wordpad (start-programs-accesories-wordpad)now open wordpad and look at the buttons for copy, cut and paste. all 3 should be greyed out(unless you have something left on your "clipboard" in which case paste will be "on") ( see next post)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By granknee on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 05:14 pm:

hi, my problem is that the "cut,copy and paste" features (under the edit button) are not accessible, how do I turn them back on (they were on sometime ago. thanks. Bernice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 02:40 pm:

( COPY-CUT & PASTE) ( KEY STUFF)
Then, to...
Cut: Ctrl+X or
Shift+Delete or
Rightclick and choose "Cut"
Copy: Ctrl+C or
Rightclickand choose "Copy"
Paste: Ctrl+V or
Shift+Insert or
Rightclick and choose "Paste"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 02:20 pm:

If you want to copy and paste files in Windows Explorer, just right-click on the filename and choose Copy.

Navigate to the place you want the file to be, and right-click and choose Paste.

Depending on which version of Windows you're using, this will either copy the file to the new place (so you have one in the old place and one in the new), or move it to the new place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 02:17 pm:

Copy and paste with the keyboard.
Once you have stuff highlighted, you can use the keyboard.

CTRL+C (press the Ctrl key and C at the same time) will copy to the clipboard
CTRL+V will paste to where-ever your cursor is at the moment.

If you have a whole document, or email, to copy, highlight it all quickly by pressing CTRL+A (A for All), then copy and paste with the keyboard or mouse.

Copy and paste files follows ...

Dianne R

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 02:12 pm:

I can't find it either- tho' I know they've covered it. Anyway, here's how:

With your mouse:
left click at the start of the section you want to copy, and drag your mouse over until you've highlighted all the stuff you want to copy. Right click and choose "Copy" from the menu that pops up.
Click once where you want to paste the stuff, and right click, choose "Paste" from the menu.

That stuff will stay on your clipboard until you copy something else, so if you need to paste it again, you can.

You can also use your keyboard (see next post)
Dianne Reuby

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 02:49 am:

is there somewhere on this site where i can learn to copy and paste??? thanks

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page