I can't get out of safe mode

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Good help site for newbies: I can't get out of safe mode
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 12:52 pm:

Microsoft have an article on this here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;125480

(Make sure you copy and paste the whole link if the message board splits it into two lines.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lydia on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 04:29 am:

I need some help. I have a pentium 3 600 megahertz, windows 98se. It will only boot up in safe mode. I tried reinstalling windows. It seemed to have installed but everytime it restarted I received this message "Warning - Disk Boot sector is to be modified. Type Y to accept, any key to abort. I hit any key and it comes back to safe mode. I may have hit Y when I was trying to get it out of safe mode prior to this. I don't know what the message means. Can anyone advise me what to do or should I take it in to a repair shop. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page