Deleted files

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Good help site for newbies: Deleted files
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 03:02 pm:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=136517

This link will give you some basic information. It appears that deleted files cycle through that deleted folder, with old ones being tossed as new ones go in. I haven't found anything saying that you can or cannot delete the files so I don't think it's a good idea.

There was some info on how to reduce the size of that folder, but if you aren't suffering for more disk space, it probably is not worth the trouble.

Hope this helps!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By boatwright on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 10:47 pm:

In the past I have deleted the temp. files and cookies plus my recycle bin but was told recently that a great many files that have been deleted in the past 6 years are still lurking in the computer( Win 98)
I right clicked on start,clicked on FIND and typed in "deleted"
My question is Can I permently delete these files ? There appeaars to be a huge inventory.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page