System Freezes While Online

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: System Freezes While Online
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rob on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 10:26 pm:

Thanks for your advice, I will give your suggestions a try.

Best regards,

Rob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Teresa on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 04:55 pm:

Rob, I feel your pain. I have asked the same question, obviously in the wrong place-Hard drive...shows you just what a newbie I am. Well, my husband asked a friend at work about it. He instructed us to run a virus scan first, (nasty folders were found)then reload a fresh startup with our internet provider(earthlink) he stressed the reload needed to be fresh??? I guess meaning don't just reload the one that is loaded now as it may be contaminated. We reloaded from earthlink. Sorry about the newbie speak. long story short. It is running smooth. Also noteworthy, we disconnected the virus scanner we had and signed up with the one earthlink provides. Apparently some virus scanners do not work well other programs running., We could not get spyware to run because of the virus scanner we had. I sure hope this gives you a start. I am no expert but these are harmless things to try.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rob on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 05:09 pm:

My internet connection freezes right around 7 minutes after I log on. It seems to still keep the connection, but I'm unable to do anything including reboot. I end up having to shut off the computer. When I log back on it's fine...for about 7 minutes! lol

I am using Juno to connect - if that helps.

I'm wondering if you know what is causing this?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page