Corrupt midi files in Win ME

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Good help site for newbies: Corrupt midi files in Win ME
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dolly Wilson on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 03:08 pm:

I finally got my sound back by trying to learn myself from computer forums and sites how to check it out...I had to try to download an update to my sound driver to find out that it suggested that I keep my old one, and then it reinstalled it I guess.

The problem is I went and tried again yesterday to upgrade that driver, (Microsoft site again) hoping that it would correct my midi problem, and that maybe Microsoft had corrected that driver problem.

THE SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN...no sound at all...it took me ages to go through my notes of Jan 27 and correct it again! I think it's unforgiveable that this driver should be listed on the Microsoft site as an upgrade to my computer (after scanning it) and then it causes such havoc.

Sorry to go on and on, but I hope this explains it.

Dolly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dolly Wilson on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 03:05 pm:

That's the tough part..trying to say when it happens.

You know I think it started after I tried to update my sound driver FROM THE MICROSOFT UPDATE SITE! I am so darned mad! I've had nothing but trouble ever since!

When I tried to download it back on Jan. 27 it downloaded fine, and then started the install. After the little yellow line was going across about 1/8th of the way..a window came up telling me that the driver software MAY NOT HAVE BEEN TESTED BY MICROSOFT to verify that it works properly with Win ME...Therefore it will not be installed!

Okay, I didn't think anything of it until I realized a few days later I had NO SOUND AT ALL ON MY COMPUTER. (see next post to continue)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 02:32 pm:

Does this happen when you're using a certain program? I've looked at the http://support.microsoft.com site, and there are several cases where a similar message appears. It may be that a midi file really is corrupt - if the message appears only on a certain program, that may be it. Or if you've changed the sounds that windows uses, one of those files may be corrupted. When does it happen?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dolly Wilson on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 03:14 am:

I hope someone can help me with this...I get that error message and don't know what to do to resolve this...I'm running Spybot,
AVG free virus and Ad-aware and Zone Alarm, but could maybe have gotten this before having downloaded them..???

I've had the problem for awhile, and possibly before having downloaded all (except AVG which I've had for ages and always keep it updated regularly.)

Thanks for any help you might be able to give me.
Dolly

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page