CD Writers

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Message boards/pictures: CD Writers
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Web Site...To A Floppy  2   03/05 02:21pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Monday, November 20, 2000 - 06:24 pm:

Catchup,

Now, is there anyway that I can create an Index and placing it on the CD at the same time with my pictures on the CD so that when I click on a name in the Index it will link to the picture and open it?

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Monday, November 20, 2000 - 06:19 pm:

Catchup,

Thank you. You solved part of the problem, but, when I click on the photo in the right pane of Explorer, instead of the picture opening in a photo editor, if it is .jpg, it opens in a window titled G:\"name of picture".jpg - Microsoft Internet Explorer. If it is a .mix picture, it opens in MS Image Composer (which I don't use), how do I set a photo editor as a default program? I looked everywhere I could think of in MSPictureIt99, properties, etc. and could not find anything that let me set it as "default". The rather strange thing is that the .mix is a file that is set by MSPictureIt, yet it opens in Image Composer.

I am stumped!!

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Monday, November 20, 2000 - 05:30 pm:

Richard:

You can build your CD directory just as you would any other directory tree, complete with folders and subfolders.

When you "Explore" your CD in Windows Explorer, you will see the plus sign next to your drive letter. When you click on the plus sign you will see the tree view in the left frame, click on the desired folder and it will open in the right window, click on the desired photo and it will open with your default photo editor.

If you need more just ask...

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Monday, November 20, 2000 - 12:44 pm:

I recently purchased a HP cd-writer, model 8230e. I wish to use it basically for storing family pictures. I don't have any problems getting the pictures onto a CD, I presently have 130 pictures on a CD which I have added in multiple sessions and will be adding hundreds more in the future. My question is this: Is there a way that I can create an Index that will allow me to select the pictures that I want to look at, rather than loading all of the pictures on the disk?

I use MSPictureIt99 as my photo editing program and I would like to be able to specify which pictures I want to load, rather than having to load them all. Right now, it is not a huge problem as it only takes a few minutes to load 130 pictures, but as the CD is capable of holding thousands of pictures, eventually it will become a problem. I have no idea how many pictures MSPictureIt99 can load at one time, or if it will keep loading regardless of how many pictures are on the disk.

Is there anyone out there that can tell me how to do this?

Richard

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page