Need help installing a program overseas

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Need help installing a program overseas
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rob on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 10:32 pm:

My father is having a problem installing a program I sent him. I am in the United States, and he is in England. He is running Windows 98. I sent him a CD-ROM with jpeg's. When he accesses the pics, his system uses IE to display them. Explorer does not give him any options to resize the pics, so he is stuck looking at these huge pictures and using the scroll bars to navigate around each picture. I sent him some jpeg viewing software. When he clicks on the executable file, his system tells him that an illegal operation has been performed. When he clicks out of that, he gets another box that says installation aborted because if insufficient permission to install the program. I had him log in as administrator, hoping this would give him any permissions he needed, but still got the same result. I would appreciate anyone's help in resolving this so that he can view the pictures in full screen mode the way they are meant to be seen.

Best regards,

Rob.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page