Error problems with ScanDisk and Defrag

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Defrag: Error problems with ScanDisk and Defrag
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tania on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 06:21 am:

Hi, sorry to appear to be pestering but I'm really desperate. If anyone is able to help me with this problem I'd be really grateful.

Regards,
Tania

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tania on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 11:06 am:

I hope someone can help me with this problem. When I run ScanDisk, it gets to a point where a message pops up saying something like 'there's an error in windows/outlook express/cleanup log. It says the the file is too big and asks if I want to delete it, repair it or not worry about it. I select repair and it starts again but then it will keep restarting and will not finish.

After several attempts, I tried to just go to Defrag but it gets to 4% and then says that it cannot go any further as there is an error.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem. I had a look at the properties on these files (there are at least 3) and the sizes are [21,648 bytes - 24,576 bytes used] - [37,404 bytes - 40,960 bytes used] - [57,341 bytes - 57,344 bytes used].

I'm assuming I need to clean up the cleanup logs but I have no clue how to do this.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Tania

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page