MSN Messenger Virtual Memory Problem

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: MSN Messenger Virtual Memory Problem
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rob on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 10:32 pm:

I shall give that a try - thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 09:50 pm:

From Help:
To change the size of the virtual memory paging file
You must be logged on as a computer administrator in order to complete this procedure.

Open System in Control Panel.
On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
On the Advanced tab, under Virtual memory, click Change.
Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, and type a new paging file size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, and then click Set.
If you decrease the size of either the initial or maximum page file settings, you must restart your computer to see the effects of those changes. Increases typically do not require a restart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rob on Monday, May 17, 2004 - 04:05 pm:

My OS is XP Home Edition. Ever since I installed MSN Messenger, whenever I am on line and doing a search in AOL (that's google), Microsoft Explorer keeps popping up doing its own search. And shortly after, a message comes up about the virtual memory being too low. How do I stop the Microsoft Explorer from popping up all the time, it really slows down the computer, and how do I make the virtual memory higher, if that is even possible? I keep having to shut it down all the time and reboot it! What a pain!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page