|By Anonymous on Friday, July 06, 2001 - 10:06 pm:|
Get the Kids their OWN PC's
That should solve everything, except your monitoring what they click onto.
This message is to DonnaP99, shich I just went back and looked at the date, SURELY the problem is solved by this time! 06 Jul '01
|By DonnaP99 on Wednesday, December 06, 2000 - 02:17 pm:|
Is there a way to be notified when someone posts a reply to this thread? I don't see that option anywhere.
|By DonnaP99 on Wednesday, December 06, 2000 - 02:16 pm:|
I've added "user IDs" to my home PC - one for each of 3 children, one for myself, and one for dh - for a few reasons:
- So dh doesn't go ballistic when the creative one keeps changing the desktop theme - he can just stick with his plain ol' clouds or whatever.
- To control the programs the kids have access to (no reason for them to go into my Quicken and pay bills now, is there?!).
- To get each of our bookmarks a little more manageable.
However, I did not completely think this through, and now have some questions:
- Is there an umbrella user ID where I can get into anyone's version of My Documents, etc.?
- How do I give someone access to a program? To a new program? To a program another ID has access to? How do I give more than one user access to a new program?
- If I should decide to get rid of all the user IDs, how do I do this and return back to the way things used to be? Don't I now have 5 "My Documents" folders, and do I need to combine them manually?
- I went to run my One-Step Backup (250 ZIP drive), and I needed like 3 additional disks! Which I didn't have, so I haven't backed up yet. Does this make sense, or does it sound like I did something wrong?
Any other advice, pitfalls you know of, general stuff I should know is welcome.
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|