Windows passwords

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: How do You Bypass the Password Screen: Windows passwords
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, July 06, 2001 - 10:06 pm:

Get the Kids their OWN PC's
That should solve everything, except your monitoring what they click onto.
This message is to DonnaP99, shich I just went back and looked at the date, SURELY the problem is solved by this time! 06 Jul '01

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By DonnaP99 on Wednesday, December 06, 2000 - 02:17 pm:

Is there a way to be notified when someone posts a reply to this thread? I don't see that option anywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By DonnaP99 on Wednesday, December 06, 2000 - 02:16 pm:

I've added "user IDs" to my home PC - one for each of 3 children, one for myself, and one for dh - for a few reasons:
- So dh doesn't go ballistic when the creative one keeps changing the desktop theme - he can just stick with his plain ol' clouds or whatever.
- To control the programs the kids have access to (no reason for them to go into my Quicken and pay bills now, is there?!).
- To get each of our bookmarks a little more manageable.
However, I did not completely think this through, and now have some questions:
- Is there an umbrella user ID where I can get into anyone's version of My Documents, etc.?
- How do I give someone access to a program? To a new program? To a program another ID has access to? How do I give more than one user access to a new program?
- If I should decide to get rid of all the user IDs, how do I do this and return back to the way things used to be? Don't I now have 5 "My Documents" folders, and do I need to combine them manually?
- I went to run my One-Step Backup (250 ZIP drive), and I needed like 3 additional disks! Which I didn't have, so I haven't backed up yet. Does this make sense, or does it sound like I did something wrong?

Any other advice, pitfalls you know of, general stuff I should know is welcome.

Thanks!

Donna

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page