HELP! How do I do this??

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: HELP! How do I do this??
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
XP For Newbies Problem  2   12/05 10:29pm
Password help with Microsoft Word  3   03/25 03:22am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jen on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 02:48 am:

It works!!!!! Oh my god thank you. Who knew it could be that simple. I didn't think to check around in IE... duh me =) Thanks! You have made my job MUCH easier. Really appreciate it!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, February 07, 2005 - 01:06 pm:

In Internet Explorer, choose Tools, Internet Options, and then click the Content tab. Click on the Autocomplete button and see if anything is checked. If not, choose the items that you want to autocomplete (tick them all if you want) and that may solve your problem. IE should remember what you type, and give you a selection to choose from when you type stuff in that you've typed before.

Let us know if that works :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jen on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 03:26 am:

Anybody out there know how to do this?? I'm patiently waiting and hoping that someone knows what I am talking about =)

THanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jen on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 07:08 pm:

We both run Windows XP pro if that helps.

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jen on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 07:08 pm:

Hi! We have the same shopping cart. It is accessed via the internet (explorer). Her computer also allows for drop downs in other things too ... like online forms ... or like address things ... if she starts typing in 123 Street, it will automatically drop a menu so she can hit enter and not have to type in the entire address ... no what I mean? My computer is not allowing me to do that. I have blanks, not matter how many times I go to a particular page I always have blanks and I have to manually input everything. She thought maybe it was something to do with my computer settings, I looked around and I cannot figure out what on earth to adjust to make my computer "remember" frequently typed things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 07:52 pm:

Is the shopping cart software web-based? (do you access it using internet explorer?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 02:39 pm:

Are you using the same shopping cart as your boss? I mean, are you entering data to the same shopping cart as your boss, but from different computers?

If so, it may just be that Windows is remembering frequent things that s/he types and offering those choices. Yours should do the same after you've typed a few entries.

It may be that your boss has a database set up that s/he's entering stuff into - Windows will also remember stuff that's entered often, and display those options.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jen on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 12:58 am:

I have alot of data to enter into the computer. My bosses computer allows her to have a drop down menu for things typed over and over in our shopping cart software. For instance, email address, product specifications etc. This could save alot of time. My computer however does not have that. I have to type in EVERYTHING manually. I have been trying to figure how HOW to have my computer show text so that I can choose and just continue on. It would make life so much easier. Any help appreciated.

THanks!!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page