Viewing page with Notepad?

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Viewing page with Notepad?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tom on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 10:20 am:

Candy,

Save the file with the htm file extension instead of a txt file extension. Then double click the saved file, and your browser will open it, instead of notepad. Browsers are associated with htm and html file extensions. Once you've checked your work, make changes in Notepad, resave, and review. Do this over and over until you're bored silly and decide to use the spider program to do your code.

Personally, I use arachnophobia. It works for me.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cpr on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 07:42 am:

While using the tutorial on the newbie club site, I can't figure out how to view what I have written in notepad. I have hunted everywhere but have apparently missed it. Even have the Newbie Club Web Site Builder. Am I really loosing my sight or my mind???? eeekk!
really want to do from scratch first, then will get Note tab lite & have arachnophelia.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me
Candy

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page