Altered Windows system files (prognosis by Dr.Watson)

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Defrag: Altered Windows system files (prognosis by Dr.Watson)
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Susan McCarty on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 06:39 am:

Thank You for the help Josh! I'll try that. Susan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 10:30 pm:

Susan:

Update your virus definitions and see if it detects it on a rescan. You can restore your system files by doing the following:
Click Start/Run. Type in SFC, hit enter. Run the file checker. It will detect and restore any files that have been altered. However, depending on what all that virus does, your computer will still be infected, and not sure what it could do. Go with the updated virus definitions... should detect that virus.

Good Luck.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Susan McCarty on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 08:04 am:

Help!I did the Dr.Watson scan and found that Adobe Type Manager has altered
Windows system files!I recently had a e-mail about the seven dwarfs and snowwhite.Found out it's a virus.Yes,like a dummy,I'd already opened it!(from Ha-Ha).Could this be my problem?How do I get rid of or fix it.I did a virus scan and nothing was found.Any help would be appreciated.I haven't noticed any problems,other than various illegal operations notices. Thank you for any help! Susan

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page