Finding e-mail address?

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: How do You Bypass the Password Screen: Finding e-mail address?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 09:07 am:

RE: E-Mail address':

E-mail addresses are getting to be a very private thing. If you've looked on Infospace with no luck then the chances of finding it are slim and none.

Anymore you almost have to register your e-mail address with info space and most other directories or they won't publish it. Some services have a 'member' lookup but, you have to be a member and signed in to their directory before you can search and then you can only search their members.

Their are some programs available to facilitate online searches with some positive results that are known as "Finger" programs. There are several and I can't mention any particular site, however, try a search on "Alta Vista" and enter these search terms "finger ping trace" and check out some of the resulting pages.

You might get lucky, it takes a little time but, it's good practice .
Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Marjie Owen on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 05:20 am:

How or where would I find someone's e-mail address? I have snail mail address but wish to find out if they have an e-mail. I have looked on InfoSpace and searched for people that I know have e-mail - no luck couldn't even find myself listed. Any suggestions of where to look? Thanks in advance. Marjie@tds.net

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page