Changing E-mail address

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: How do You Bypass the Password Screen: Changing E-mail address
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, February 09, 2001 - 08:03 pm:

Tom:

You should contact your cable access provider. I am pretty sure that they include at least one "POP" (like your prodigy mail) email address with your account.

If you cancel your prodigy account, you will lose your email address. Therefore, you won't be able to forward it anywhere. Your best bet is to do this:

Find out your new email address and set it up. Send an email to everyone you know from your new address, stating your address change, and for them to update their address books. Then, wait a month. Respond to any mail that comes to your prodigy account with your new email address. After that month, cancel your prodigy and just go with your new email.

That is a smooth way of transfering everything with not too many problems. But I don't think you can keep your prodigy email without keeping your account.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Thomas Eleam on Friday, February 09, 2001 - 01:02 pm:

I just installed a Cable Modem for faster Internet
access and I am going to cancel my ISP which is
Prodigy. My current e-mail address is eleam@prodigy.net and since I will be canceling my Prodigy account they will not be my e-mail server.

How do I get a new e-mail address, and how do I go
about getting my e-mail forwarded to it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom Eleam

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page