Copying or installing.

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Copying or installing.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, March 05, 2001 - 02:16 pm:

Anon:

Copying a program is the same as copying a file. You are simply making a copy.... can't explain it better than that. Just like xeroxing a paper, when you get done, you have 2 identical sheets. When you copy a program, you have 2 identical programs in two different locations.

Installing a program is actually making it be able to run on your computer system. Installation allows you the ability to interact with whatever the program is instead of simply having one file.

If you want to copy a program from floppy or cd to hard disk, click on the file you want to copy, then drag it to your hard drive. However, if you want to use the program, install it instead of copying it.

I use norton, so I am not sure about mcaffee, but I am sure it is the same as all antivirus software. If you want to scan a file for viruses, simply right-click on it, and select the option that says "scan for viruses" or something similar to that.

Hope that helps,

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, March 04, 2001 - 10:53 am:

Hello,

What is the difference between copying a programe and installing a programe? What to do if I want to transfer a programe from floppy or cd to hard drive? should I use copy or install and HOW? How to scan for viruses before I transfer? please help!

Thank you.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page