Slow reaction time on "click"

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Wild Mouse: Slow reaction time on "click"
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gerald on Sunday, December 30, 2001 - 05:35 pm:

In the middle of a program I am working on,my mouse freezes and have to prematurely shut down my computer and start up again going through the usual proceedings and have to start all over again
getting to the part where the mouse quit.Can you tell me what causes that,and what do I have to do to prevent from happening again? it is frustrating.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Tuesday, March 13, 2001 - 01:36 am:

DT;
The best I can suggest, and I have used this myself with tremendous results, is find a copy of RamIdle and install it on your machine. If you can't find one anywhere else, you can get one at my site.

I've gone ahead and made it available because people are haveing a hard time finding it. It will deffinately help out with the "Illegal Operation" and other Resource and memory problems.

All I ask is that you sign in, (at the bottom of the page) you will be given a URL, user name and password by auto-responder e-mail. Go to the URL that you receive and you will find the programs in there.

You can find the page Here

You can also get a copy of RamBoost at the same site.

You can also get a copy of WinZip to un-zip them with. While your there you are welcome to grab any or all of the E-Books you want, too.
Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By D.T. on Monday, March 12, 2001 - 07:10 pm:

I keep getting a message that "this program has performed an invalid procedure" then I'm sent to my desktop and have to reconnect. What is wrong? I keep my Temp. File section cleaned out and I reboot maybe once a week. Is something terribly wrong with my computer? Like a crash or something?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Sunday, March 11, 2001 - 06:42 pm:

RE: Improving system performance;

You might try this:

Open your system properties dialog box.
(Start, >Settings, >clicking Control Panel, and then double-clicking System.)

Click the Performance tab.

Click File System, then click the tab for the device for which you want to change the settings.

In the "File System Properties" dialog box, select the Hard Drive tab, in the "Read ahead" function, move the slider all the way to the right. Set "Typical role of this computer" to "Network server".

Try it...

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Keith Boeckner on Thursday, March 08, 2001 - 11:14 pm:

I have tried re-booting but that hasn't helped anything. I'll still keep poking around. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Monday, March 05, 2001 - 02:15 am:

RE: Slow reaction time

How long has it been since you re-booted your computer?

If it has been a while, try restarting your PC and see if that doesn't help...
PC's should be re-booted once a day just to clean out the cob webs.

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Keith Boeckner on Sunday, March 04, 2001 - 08:42 pm:

The following problem has cropped up on my computer. When I enter information in a box (e.g. askjeeves) and click on ASK or click on the SEND button for ann e-mail in Yahoo, it takes up to 30 seconds before the response is registered or my sites are found in askjeeves or my mail is sent in Yahoo Messenger. Is there some setting that got changed somehow? Moving between information entry boxes with TAB or clicking on the mouse can also be very slow - e.g. the boxes at the bottom of this page.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Keith
PS It took 30 seconds when I hit the Preview button before I saw the preview.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page