OutLook Express questions

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: OutLook Express questions
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Deleting outlook exspress as default  2   12/29 06:46pm
Printer problems in Outlook Express  1   11/23 03:28pm
Help with opening attachments  2   10/05 07:14pm
Deleting email in OutLook Express  3   10/05 07:12pm
Outlook Express is not allowing me to open attachments  3   09/27 08:10pm
Spam without "from" and "subject" headings  5   10/09 07:40pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Romona Cox on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 11:06 am:

When I open my mail in Outlook Exspress and it's being received my Norton jumps in and "grabs" some of the letters.Then Norton tells me that these letter contain a virus,that I need to down load the program to get rid of it.Mind you I haven't open or touched these letters,their sitting inside Norton.My question is, If Norton grabed the letters,does my computer have a virus,or not.I sent one of the letters to Norton,and they told me my computer has a virus.I thought that why I bought Norton,was to catch things before I get a virus.Computer seems to run find,but this is a question no one has an answer too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 08:45 pm:

I just got a computer with Windows XP and Outlook Express 6. My problem is that I haven't been able to find a setting so that when I open an e-mail message it will come up in a large screen. All my messages open in a really small screen then I have to expand them to a large one to read them. Does anyone know how to get them to open in a large screen when I first click on them to open them? ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Judi shepard on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 04:08 pm:

Josh,
Ihope you can help me. I am having trouble with attachments. They are sent to me but I can't get them to appear. What should I be doing that I am not. I am very new to this so I would appreciate your help. Thank you.
Jay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peggy on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 12:22 pm:

Josh:
Your suggestion worked great! The error message is gone and all my folders were left intact. I am grateful. Thanks a lot.

Peggy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 07:23 pm:

I don't know of a way to get it to stop checking specific tasks. My suggestion is to remove your hotmail account from that list and then add it back. It should not delete anything in your inbox. Just redo the setup and follow the directions carefully so that no bugs get thrown in.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peggy on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 04:40 pm:

Josh:

I clicked on Tools>Accounts>Mail tab...
The only thing there is my Hotmail account as mail(default).

When I first started trying to use Outlook express , I tried
setting it up so that my e-mail from my Hotmail account would
go to Outlook express so that I could work offline with it. I may
have made some mistake while setting it up, but the Hotmail
does make it into the Outlook express okay. Is there anyway to
just cancel the specific tasks that cause the error messages to
show up without having to delete and close the Hotmail
connection and start it up all over again.? I have created
folders in Outlook express with stuff I what to keep. Would
that get deleted if I try to start the Hotmail connection setup
over again?
Both error messages point to the "Hotmail Server".
So where do I go from here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 08:03 pm:

Peggy:

Your outlook express is trying to read mail from an account that is not set up properly. It is probably some junk that you can just throw out.

Click on Tools at the top and click on Accounts in the pulldown list.
Click the Mail tab. Delete anything listed in there that is not your mail account. That should fix the problem.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peggy on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 05:53 pm:

When I start Outlook Express I get a gray dialog box with this message in it.

Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details.
0 of 3 tasks completed.

The dialog box has buttons for TASK, ERRORS, HIDE, and STOP. The STOP button is not lit. I just want to make the message go away and stay gone. How can I do it?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page