Music CDs don't start

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Windows Media Player 7 doesn't run: Music CDs don't start
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Chris Moore on Monday, April 02, 2001 - 07:03 pm:

This is what the Internet should be...people helping people. Josh's advice worked, and the player now works like a charm. I had typed 'Play' instead of '&Play', and I had no idea what to put in the application. It still didn't work at first because I found out I had no cdplayer executable. I was able to find it on another hard drive and copy it.

This site rocks! Thanks.

Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, April 02, 2001 - 03:51 pm:

Chris:

I dunno about all the autoplay junk, but you can definatly add the Play feature back in.

Click the "New" button.

For action, type in "&Play" without the quotes.

For application, type in "C:\WINDOWS\cdplayer.exe /play" without the quotes.

Hit the OK button.

Select the Play action, and press the "set as default" button. You may have to press it again to toggle it to where it is bold. Needs to be bold to be active.

Hit OK, OK, and you are done.

Hope that helps... and thanks, Anon, for your insight on the autoplay feature.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Chris Moore on Monday, April 02, 2001 - 12:49 pm:

Thanks, Anon, but I'm afraid it didn't work because my Actions window offers no choices at all, not even Play. I tried to type in Play, but it wouldn't let me (threw up an error message).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, April 01, 2001 - 09:02 pm:

Chris,
This from CD Player help section. See Notes at Bottom. If the word play is not in BOLD letters it is not set to autoplay, when you follow these steps play will change to BOLD and your cd player should play in auto mode now.

To disable AutoPlay
1. Double-click My Computer.
2. On the View menu, click Folder Options, and then click the File Types tab.
3. Click AudioCD, and then click Edit.
4. In Actions, click Play, and then click Set Default.

Notes
You can temporarily disable AutoPlay by pressing SHIFT while you insert an audio CD.

Repeating steps 1 through 4 enables AutoPlay again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Chris Moore on Saturday, March 31, 2001 - 07:59 pm:

After retrieving my computer from the shop, if I insert a CD to install software, it still runs automatically and works fine. But if I try to play a music CD, it doesn't start at all. I have to go to Explorer and click on the song. Then I have to click again for the next song. What to do to fix? Please email direct.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page