How do I access this character?

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: How do I access this character?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Keys on the keyboard  2   10/01 09:28pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 11:21 am:

look on the right side of your keyboard, above the enter key you will see \ right above there is the | its on the same key as the \ just press shift + \ I think your keyboard is still similar to the USA key board. if not, then look on you keyboard for two short lines straight up and down, one on top of the other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chrisswyer on Thursday, April 05, 2001 - 11:23 am:

Hi everyone,

There is a character on my keyboard that I canít figure out how to access, and itís driving me mad!

On my (UK) keyboard it is directly underneath the Escape key and has three symbols on it: one is: ` which you get simply by pressing the key on its own, the second is ¬ , which you get by pressing Shift and the Top key, and the third symbol (which is the one I want to know how to access) is | . (I had to copy and paste this from a webpage to show you what I am talking about!)

I cannot figure out how to type this vertical line. I have tried most combinations like combining it with the Shift key, Ctrl key and the Alt key but with no success.

Any know how to access it?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page