Help! Trying to back up

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Help! Trying to back up
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, April 20, 2001 - 12:24 pm:

Mary:

Are you sure you are using a blank CD? I know this sounds obvious, but, are you sure you are putting the cd in your cd-recordable drive and not your regular cdrom? If it is a new, blank cd, you shouldn't have to format it. Of course, I have never used CD-RW, so not sure with that, but with CD-R, you do not.

It sounds like you are trying to backup to a cd that is already full, or is setup so that it cannot be overwritten. You will have to find a setting in your software to take the write-protection off if that is the case.

I dunno where in the world a "write-protection strip" would be.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mary Wilkey on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 07:00 pm:

Every time I try to back up I get a message saying the media is "write protected" -- a tekkie told me to remove the "write protection" strip from my CD -- and I found that there is none -- then another tekkie told me I need to format my CD -- so I went to TOOLS and then MEDIA -- but the formatting button is grayed out -- now what??? I need to back up soon -- any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page